Cathedral of Saint Sava.(Храм светог Саве) is an Orthodox church in Belgrade, Serbia, the largest Orthodox cathedral on the Balkans, and one of the largest Orthodox cathedrals in the world.
The church is dedicated to Saint Sava, founder of the Serbian Orthodox Church and an important figure in medieval Serbia.
It is built on the Vračar plateau, on the location where his remains were burned in 1595 by the Ottoman Empire's Sinan Pasha.
From its location, it dominates Belgrade's cityscape, and is perhaps the most monumental building in the city.
The building of the church structure is being financed exclusively by donations. The parish home is nearby, as will be the planned patriarchal building.
*It is not a cathedral in the technical ecclesiastical sense, as it is not the seat of a bishop (the seat of the Metropolitan bishop of Belgrade is St. Michael's Cathedral). In Serbian it is called a hram (temple), which is in Eastern Orthodoxy another name for a church. In English, it is usually called a cathedral because of its size and importance.